top of page

Report a Problem


Gas leak - Call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999 to report a suspected gas leak.

They'll sort out the problem and tell you what to do to stay safe.

Water leak - If you’ve spotted a leak (in the North West of England) coming from the road or footpath you can complete a form online or if you prefer you can call the Leakline on 0800 330033. You can check the status of water problems online or call 0345 6723 723

Loss of electrical supply - call free on 105 to report power outages and get the latest status of a power cut. You can also register for text messages to advise you of power cuts and the ongoing status of a power cut. You can also check online

TV & Radio Reception - use the Transmitter Checker at to see if there are transmitter issues.

Crime and Policing

There are four main ways that you can report a crime:

  • If it is an emergency situation such as a life or death situation or the crime is in progress, dial 999

  • If it is a non-emergency situation, you can report this by calling 101 and speak to a Communications Operator

  • Contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team

  • Visit your local police station


View the crime map for the Lower Lune Valley and Caton

View detailed crime statistics for the Lower Lune Valley and Caton

Refuse Collection

Lancaster City Council are responsible for household waste and recycling. Details of household waste and recycling service, bin collection dates, missed bins, bulky waste, what you can recycle and where, and what to put in each of your bins can be found HERE or you can call customer services on 01524 582491.

Bin Collection dates can be found HERE

Lancaster County Council

For any other information: reporting a highway fault (, your library account, school term dates etc, go to

Other Matters

The Parish Council works on your behalf. They may be able to assist with anything not mentioned above.

Click HERE for contact details 

bottom of page